Have you ever listened to the trees? Or the rocks? Or the ocean? Have you listened to hear the words they are trying to speak to us?
Up until recently, I had not listened.
Then, on Mount Lemmon in Tuscon, Arizona two week ago, I heard them speaking. I heard the trees and the rocks pulsating with energy. I felt the vibrations.
Then I heard the words, “I’m hurting.”
That’s it. Just those words. Nothing more.
They cut to my core, my heart felt like it was breaking open.
My Mother, my Heart, my Soul is hurting.
The truth is clear: We are killing the Earth. I am killing the Earth.
The question is, “What can I do to save her? What can we all do?”
In the past, I’ve let myself become paralyzed by the thought that I am just one person. How can I make a big difference. However, when I look more deeply into my Soul, do some Google research and remember everything I learned in elementary school, there are SO many steps I can take to help save the Earth.
Here are some ideas, a place for me to start:
- Turn the sink off while brushing my teeth or off the shower while I’m shampooing or conditioning my hair.
- If it’s yellow let it mellow if it’s brown flush it down! (hee hee hee)
- Walk and take public transportation when at all possible. (Easy for me in Manhattan, gosh I love the subway!)
- Recycle and buy products made with recycled materials
- Buy in bulk to avoid over packaging!! (LOVE THIS! Costco, HERE I COME!)
- Change light bulbs to the Energy Saving kind! (Ben has started buying these and the prices are really reasonable!)
- Turn off the lights in the rooms where you don’t need them! (just running to do that now…one second…WOWZA! Ben and I had THREE lights on that we didn’t need!)
- Keep your tires inflated to the proper pressure (Better Gas Mileage!)
- Air Dry Laundry when possible (Easy and makes me feel like I’m a badass who is roughin it!)
For more ideas (like 100!!)…EARTH DAY IS EVERY DAY IDEAS
“I’m hurting.” The words spoken straight from the Earth. I can either continue to feel the pain from what was spoken or I can take action. I CHOOSE ACTION! Who is with me???
Now…I’m gonna go to Central Park and hug me some Trees!:)